Published: 3 years ago
Job ID 312340BR
“We make magic.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
The Public Affairs Director will lead all Public Affairs disciplines for Aulani, a Disney Resort and Spa, Ko Olina on Oahu, Hawaii. The person in this role will be responsible for the oversight of External Communications, Internal Communications, Corporate Citizenship and Government Relations. The position includes leadership of one direct report and requires someone who has strategic planning abilities and who is also willing to execute the work on a daily basis to meet the communication needs of the operation. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding and experience in the media relations realm as well as expertise in the other Public Affairs disciplines. In addition, strong relationship and integration skills are critical. The role reports to the Vice President, Public Affairs for Disney Cruise Line and New Vacation Operations with additional accountability to the General Manager of Aulani.
- Lead planning and the execution of Internal Communications designed to inform, inspire and educate our cast members at Aulani.
- Develop and execute plans for corporate citizenship efforts, including managing donations, volunteer efforts and other key projects.
- Oversee External Communications, which includes proactive issues management, emergency communications planning, and working directly with the media. This includes acting as a spokesperson for Aulani.
- Support special projects at Aulani as needed.
- Handle government relations efforts as needed.
- Develop presentations and speeches for senior leaders as needed.
- At least 5 years of experience in communications, government relations or related field.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute communications / government strategies that get results.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to write on deadline and public speaking abilities.
- Strong relationship skills.
- Ability to develop and execute public presentations as needed.
- Experience with managing a budget.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities.
- An understanding of the local market on Oahu
- Experience with working with the media, acting as a spokesperson and going on camera
Talent Advocate at Hero.jobs | Actor | Voice Actor | Writer | Director