Published: 2 years ago
At OpenX, the Mobile team focuses on building software products that add value to our partners. That includes our iOS and Android SDK’s, JS tag library and the backend to support them. Constantly raising the bar and adhering to software engineering best practices. We operate at an enormous scale with trillions transactions per year. Understanding “Scale” is critical to what we do. We work on the most interesting problems in our industry, always trying to push the envelope and innovate at an individual level. If that excites you, we’d like to talk to you.
We’re looking for a strong team player. Someone who’s able and willing to push past their comfort zone and learn new technologies. A person capable of contributing to multiple components. Code quality, readability and maintainability are critical at scale. You should be able to write elegant code and be proud of it and refactor or redesign when it’s called for. In addition to the right attitude, we’re looking for a rock solid Computer Science foundation. That doesn’t have to mean you graduated from Stanford with your MS in CS, but you know enough about network protocols, operating systems, algorithms, and data structures to reason about what’s happening in the datacenter, the server, the OS, the Erlang VM (or JVM or ...), the application, the services that comprise it, that pooling library you wrote, and, well, you get the idea.
Company at a Glance
OpenX is a global leader in digital advertising technology. OpenX’s mission is to maximize advertising revenue for digital media companies on any connected screen. The company’s products include an ad server, a real-time bidding exchange and a supply-side platform.
OpenX currently serves more than 800 publishers worldwide, including 65% of the comScore 100, with 200 million unique visitors and 100 billion ads auctioned per month through its exchange.
OpenX has more than 300 employees with offices in Los Angeles, New York, London, Munich and Tokyo, and is backed by leading investors including Accel Partners, Index Ventures, Samsung Ventures and SAP Ventures.
OpenX is ranked #7 on Forbes Top 100 America’s Most Promising Companies, #5 on Deloitte Technology Fast 500.
OpenX is looking for talented and highly motivated software engineers to help us design and build a scalable, high-performance ad serving platform to handle billions of transactions from Android and iOS devices per day. Developing this infrastructure will present many interesting technical challenges to solve in the areas of distributed computing, high-performance computing, and high availability.
- Design and implement high-performance, highly-available distributed storage and replication platforms
- Work on engineering the OpenX serving platform for scale, performance, and rock-solid reliability
- Work with engineering and product teams distributed across multiple countries
Required Job Qualifications:
- Passion for open source communities and philosophies
- Experience with distributed hashtables, network programming, and data replication
- Strong, disciplined skills in Java, Erlang, Scala, Groovy, Clojure, or C++
- Development experience on Linux platforms
- Excellent communication, teamwork, and documentation skills
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ Years of SW Development Experience
Desirable Job Qualifications:
- Experience with Python, Perl, and other scripting languages
- Experience with Riak, Cassandra, or CouchDB
- Experience with mobile computing, including iOS and Android
- We are one
- Our customers define us
- OpenX is mine
- We are an open book
- We evolve fast
Recruiter/ Talent Acquisition