Forward Progress Staffing
- Employment Type:
- Metro Area:
Los Angeles, CA
This role will work with business customers and development teams to define analytics requirements and then deliver flexible, scalable, end-to-end solutions. In this role, there are opportunities to work with big data and emerging technologies while driving business intelligence solutions end-to-end. This includes business requirement gathering, data modeling, ETL, managing metadata, creating reports, and dashboarding in Tableau.
Above all, this role should be passionate about working with very large data sets to drive growth, process improvement, and solve global business problems.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, Statistics, or related field
• 4+ years of experience with Data modeling, SQL, ETL, Data Warehousing and Datalakes
• 4+ years experience in writing SQL scripts Expert knowledge in an enterprise-class RDBMS
• 4+ years of experience with enterprise-class Business Intelligence tools such as Tableau, Microstrategy, PowerBI, Oracle BI, Pentaho, etc.
• Ability to balance and prioritize multiple conflicting requirements with high attention to detail.
• Excellent verbal/written communication & data presentation skills, including the ability to succinctly summarize key findings and effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
• Comfortable working in a Linux environment
• Experience with MPP databases such as Redshift
• Knowledge of AWS products and services
• Exposure to predictive/advanced analytics and tools (such as R, SAS, Python)
• Exposure to NoSQL databases (such as DynamoDB, MongoDB)
• No SQL experience
• No dashboard experience is a disqualifier